Metaphilm.com is a culmination of intellectual summaries/editorials on some of your favorite film classics. Here are some of my faves:
* Training Day: "Denzel Washington stars as George Herbert Walker Bush discovering the consequences of training your son to be the world’s traffic cop."
* Legally Blonde: "A love letter from a jilted Hollywood to the intellectual: You can’t escape from me, you can’t leave me stranded here in L.A., and above all, you have no right to judge me."
* Mary Poppins: "A 'Faerie Queene' who inspires her people to just enough determination and unity of purpose (not to mention luck) to sustain them through the valley of danger."
* Memento: "Guy Pierce stars in an homage to the Post-It note." (Bonus: written by Chuck Palahniuk)
* 8 Mile: "Eminem stars as Jesus Christ, King of the Jews, in a movie that’s all about being righteous."
* Fight Club: "[The protagonist] 'Jack' is really Calvin from the comic strip Calvin and Hobbes. It’s true. Norton portrays the grown-up version of Calvin, while Brad Pitt plays his imaginary pal, Hobbes, reincarnated as Tyler Durden."
* Donnie Darko: no crazy interpretations on this one but it's the clearest, most concise explanation of the movie I've ever seen.